Sunday, December 21, 2008

Shrek the Third

You may be wondering why my newspaper articles are late. The truth is, I was watching Shrek the Third. Oh, and my computer wouldn't start up. But back to Shrek the Third. I've seen this movie several times, and having just read The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley (see ISU #2), I couldn't help but make some connections:

#1: When King Harold falls ill, he tells Shrek that there is one other heir who can become the new King of Far Far Away: his nephew, ARTHUR PENDRAGON!!!!
#2: When Shrek, Donkey, and Puss in Boots arrive at Worcestershire Academy to find "Artie", they find that he is used as a punching bag by the school Jousting Team, led by LANCELOT DE LAC!!!
#3: When Shrek announces to the Academy (during a costume contest or such) that Arthur is to be King, Arthur picks up the courage to tell off everyone who has ever been mean to him, and admits his love to GWENHWYFAR who is sitting in the crowd (and just happens to say "Eww" when he does so)
#4: On the way back to Far Far Away, Donkey and Puss in Boots scare Arthur with their ramblings of the responsibilities of being a king, and Arthur inadvertently crashes the ship into an island, where they meet Arthur's retired wizard teacher, MERLIN!!!

I wonder now if there are even more connections, so I'm off to see when Shrek the Third will be playing again, so I can analyze it more thoroughly. :)

No comments: